A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

March 16, 2011

Something I Struggle to Understand

Many bigoted and repressive folks are also the ones who make sure to tell everyone that they are a "Good Christian" and to show off that they are a Christian as much as possible.  Jesus teaches us not to make a show of our religion, but to be humble unlike the hypocrites.  So why do these folks always seem to conveniently "forget" that teaching as they show off that they are a "Good Christian" but continue their oppressive ways?

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to unleash a long grumble over on my own blog wherein I say that much of this is our own fault. We don't take the fight to the bigots, because we think it's "wrong" to push back. Unless and until we are willing to fully fight for our place in the public square and call these people out we deserve to be ignored.

    ReplyDelete