A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 17, 2013

Finally!

So I finally get to go back to work, great!  What I don't entirely look forward to is trying to sort out the mess all of my projects will be in because of this shutdown.  It was just unfortunate timing that a number of release dates and other work all were scheduled to take place during the time that we were shut down.  So it will be interesting to see what happens from here.  Do our projects get pushed back by 2.5 weeks or will we be expected to catch up and get things out there like we were never sitting idle at home in the first place?  I guess we will find out.  It's software that's supposed to be in production right now that's really going to be a challenge to navigate because all of our production is date sensitive.

On another note, I was supposed to take a trip next week.  That's in flux now as I don't know if I would be approved to take the time off because of playing catchup.  The worst that can happen is I either don't go, or I leave late Friday night.

Now to get to bed so that tomorrow we can begin picking up the pieces and getting things back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment